Admission Guidelines for the Graduate School of Medicine, Kansai Medical University, 2022 (the second round)
This time only, the second round of Entrance Examination for International Students will be conducted. Please note that there are different types of entrance examinations depending on the application qualifications.
Schedule of Entrance Examination for International Students
|※ Application period for Eligibility Evaluation|| Wed. November 24, 2021 -
Wed. December 8, 2021
|Application period||Wed. December 15, 2021 -
Fri. January 14, 2022
|Examination date||Documentary Examination|
|Announcement of successful applicants||Thu. February 17, 2022
|Period for enrollment procedure||Thu. February 17, 2022 -
Fri. March 11, 2022
- ※ When an applicant apply for the Entrance Examination for International Students, an interview will be held with the professor through the online in advance.
- ※ The application form for eligibility evaluation may be required depending on the applicant's academic background and preferred course before the period for application. Please be sure to refer to “2. Application Qualifications”.
- ※ After the passing the examination, the applicants are required to take the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) within a year after passing the examination.
|Course||Subject||Number of students to be admitted|
|Division of Medicine||Functional Morphology and Regenerative Biology (Anatomy)
Cognitive Neuroscience (Physiology）
Biomolecular Structual and Medical Sciences (Medical Chemistry)
Molecular Pharmacology, Matrix Biology and Medicine (Pharmacology）
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine(Pathology)
Viral Oncology (Microbiology）
Regenerative Medicine (iPS Cell Regenerative Medicine)
Innovative Regenerative Medicine (iPS Cell Regenerative Medicine)
Brain Development and Formation (iPS Cell Applied Medicine)
Public Health and International Health (Hygiene and Public Health）
Molecular and Cell Biology (Hygiene and Public Health）
Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine (Hygiene and Public Health)
Forensic Science (Legal Medicine）
Molecular Immunology (Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Science）
Cell Signaling （Department of Bioinformatics, Institute of Biomedical Science）
Laboratory Animal Medicine (Department of Animal Models for Human Diseases, Institute of Biomedical Science）
Functional Neuroscience (Department of Functional Neuroscience Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Science）
Oxygen Biology(Department of Medical Control of Stress Response, Institute of Biomedical Science)
Genomic Medicine(Laboratory for Genome Analysis)
Genome Engineering (Department of Genome Editing)
Hematology, Respiratory Medicine, Rheumatology and Infectious Disease Medicine (Internal MedicineⅠ)
Thoracic Oncology (Internal Medicine Ⅰ)
Cardiology, Nephrology, and Endocrinology and Metabolism (Internal Medicine Ⅱ)
Endocrinology and Metabolism (Internal Medicine Ⅱ)
Clinical Arrhythmia (Internal Medicine Ⅱ)
Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Internal Medicine Ⅲ)
Psychosomatic Medicine (Psychosomatic Medicine)
Liver Surgery (Surgery)
Pancreatobiliary Surgery (Surgery)
Breast Surgery (Surgery)
Pediatric Surgery (Surgery)
Cardiovascular Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgery)
Vascular Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgery)
Thoracic Surgery（Thoracic Surgery）
Research and Therapy of Brain Tumors and Central Nervous System Diseases (Neurosurgery)
Orthopedic Surgery (Orthopedic Surgery)
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
Urology and Andrology (Urology and Andrology)
Ophthalmology and Visual Science (Ophthalmology)
Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery)
Obstetrics and Gynecology (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (Anesthesiology)
Anesthesia Pharmacology (Anesthesiology)
Acute Critical Medicine,Traumatology and Disaster Medicine (Emergency and Critical Care Medicine)
Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics)
Cell Biology (Biology)
Health Science (Health Science)
Medical Informatics (University Information Center)
Medical Behavioral Science (Psychology)
English for Medical Purposes Education(English)
Those who fall under any of the items (1) to (3) and have the status of residence of “Student” at the point of enrollment.
- Those who have foreign nationality, and have completed, or will complete an 18-year course of scholastic education by March 2022 in a foreign country. (The final courses should be either medicine, dentistry, veterinary sciences, or pharmaceutical sciences.) However, if the final course offers a 6-year education, less than 18 years of education is acceptable.
- Those who have foreign nationality, and have 2-year or more of research experiences at a college, university, laboratory, etc, after the completion of the equivalent of 16-year course of scholastic education in a foreign country, and also are confirmed scholastic abilities equal or exceeding those described in any of the above (1) . → The University will assess the qualifications of applicants based on the submitted documents.
- Those who graduated from a foreign university or an overseas academic institution (limited to one whose education and research activities have been approved by a person certified by the foreign country’s government or relevant facilities, or a person permitted to grant certification by MEXT(Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)) and completed a 5-year course of study or more if the applicant falls under the category of above (1) or completed a 3-year course of study or more if the applicant falls under the category of above (2).
Those who meet the application qualification “(2)“ must submit the following application documents to Educational Affairs Division during the period below for the application eligibility decision. If you send your documents by mail, send them by registered express delivery, and write “document for the application eligibility“ on the envelope in red ink. The screening results of application qualification will be sent to the applicant by express registered mail.
Application Period for Application Eligibility
|Application Period for Application Eligibility
|Wed. November 24, 2021 - Wed. December 8, 2021|
Application Documents for Application Eligibility
Please submit the set of application documents to Educational Affairs Division of the Graduate School of Medicine, Kansai Medical University. When the forms are provided, please download and print out them for submission.
If you send your documents by mail, please send them by registered express delivery, and write "admission application" on the envelope in red ink.
* all applicants must submit.
|Wed. December 15, 2021 - Fri. January 14, 2022|
* Admission Application Form Example
( designated form EXCEL / PDF )
|Use the form provided. On the backside of the application form, state your academic background and job history from the high school entrance without any omission.|
|Use the form provided.|
| * Financial Support Information Form
||Use the form provided.|
|* Statement of Purpose||A4 size paper, 800-1200 words in Japanese or 350-500 words in English.|
|* TOEFL iBT Official Score Report||Original one is required. The date of the results must be within the 2 last years prior to the application date.|
|Letter of Recommendation||Written by your current supervisor at your university, institution or hospital in English or Japanese. Arbitrary form.|
|* Two identification photographs||Taken within the last 3 months prior to application date, without a hat, with upper body. Write your name and university on the backside of the photo. (H: 40mm, W: 30mm) Paste them to the application form and the photo card.|
|* Examination fee||\ 5,000
* If you submit the document by post, please enclose the postal order.
*Please enter "INND" at the beginning of the transfer requester name.
(Example) "INND Kansai Taro"
Bank Name Resona Bank,Ltd.
Account number 4667068
Beneficiary's Name KANSAI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Beneficiary'sAddress 2-5-1 Shin-machi, Hirakata City,
Telephone Number ＋81-72-804-0101
（BIC（SWIFT CODE）） DIWAJPJT
|Evidence of Diplomas or Degrees||Not required if you are KMU graduates (or expected graduates)|
|A copy of doctor's license||Only applicants who have the license|
|Certificate of the graduate school and the academic transcript||Only who have received a Master's degree|
|Research Activities||Only applicants who have research activities|
|Offprints of Articles||Only applicants who have research activities
Several principal offprints
- When filling out the documents, please print clearly using black or blue ink.
- Incomplete application documents will not be accepted.
- Neither documents nor entrance examination fee will be returned for any reason whatsoever to any applicant once application procedures have been completed.
- Applicants may be expelled from school at any time if any of the information on these documents is found to be false.
※ Protection of Personal Information
Personal identifiable information provided by application documents will be used only for
1. Sending the exam admission card, admission announcement and documents
2. Gathering statistical data of unidentifiable personal information
Applicants will be assessed based on only submitted application documents. No written examination.
|<International Students>||Thu.February 17, 2022 12:00 noon||Successful applicants will be announced on the KMU website and the bulletin board in KMU. In addition, the notices will be sent to successful candidates along with documents related to enrollment procedures. The documents required for enrollment will be enclosed with the letter of acceptance.
A scholarship, “Grant for Researchers and Students in Kansai Medical University” will be offered for two years to a top-level candidates who don't have Japanese nationality.
The successful applicants will know whether they will receive the scholarship or not when the application results are announced. If the scholarship is unavailable, the applicant's supervisor and the center for international exchange will confirm his/her final intention.
|<International Students>|| Thu.February 17, 2022 -
Fri. March 11, 2022
|Successful applicants will be required to complete the procedure within this period.|
* If the procedure is not completed by the date specified, it will be assumed that the applicant does not intend to enroll in the school and she/he will not be allowed to register.
Examination fee and tuition are nonrefundable regardless of any circumstances.
The enrollment procedure is completed as you send all the necessary documents below as well as making the payment. Please see the enclosed documents with the letter of acceptance for the details.
|Entrance Fee (easy terms available)
Tuition for the first semester (including training fee)
Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research
(for 4 years)
|Certificate of Resident or Equivalent Certificate||1|
* Tuition fee for academic year(two semester) is \ 250,000 .The total of tuition fee for four years comes to \1,000,000.
* International students can be remitted all tuition if they pass the screening.
* After the completion of entrance procedures, all new international students are required to take the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) within a year after passing the examination.
We have established various systems so that graduate students can have a meaningful student life.
- Submit documents / mailing address
Graduate School Affairs Section, Student Affairs Division, Administrative Office
Kansai Medical University
2-5-1 Shinmachi, Hirakata, Osaka 573-1010, Japan
Tel : ＋81-72-804-0101
(extension) 2223 <Graduate course>